Pasta Stuffed Peppers
- Uptonsnaturals Seitan
- 4 ounces Banzos Chickpea Penne Pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 4-5 colored Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup meatless tomato basil
- 5g Bragg’s Nutritional Yeast seasoning
- 20g vegan cheddar shreds (optional)
INGREDIENTS FROM PLANT-BASED FOOD GROUPS
LEGUMES: @uptonsnaturals Seitan
VEGETABLES: Tomatoes, Onions (w/side of broccoli)
GRAINS: Whole Grain Spaghetti
FRUIT: Avocado & Green/Red Bell Peppers
How To Make Vegan Protein Packed Spaghetti
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place the peppers on a tray, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional). Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti in a pot, based on package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and garlic powder in coconut oil until tender.
- Heat Upton’s seitan in separate or the same skillet as the vegetables since the seitan comes cooked already.
- Add preferred spaghetti sauce, beans, tomatoes, seasoning, etc.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain penna; top with sauce.
- Fill each pepper with pasta and top with vegan cheese (optional). Place stuffed peppers back into the oven and bake for 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.
Leave a Comment